Audiences discovered JUMANJI: WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE was even more welcoming in the new year but, hospitable bunch they are, left plenty of space in the movie jungle for INSIDIOUS: THE LAST KEY, who answered our most sinister, cinematic questions. STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI took two box-office steps down, becoming third in line to greet the year 2018.
THE GREATEST SHOWMAN, trooper that he is, continued to put on the best show as PITCH PERFECT 3 played each note to perfection.
It was the perfect start to a brand new year that promised a welcome respite to tropical lands situated beneath starry skies, where menacing beings, songstresses and an odd assortment of entertainers were happily waiting.
Who could choose the greatest show out of that lineup?
Estimated Domestic Box Office Results:
1. Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle $36 million.
2. Insidious: The Last Key $29.3 million.
3. Star Wars: The Last Jedi $23.6 million.
4. The Greatest Showman $13.8 million.
5. Pitch Perfect 3 $10.2 million.